Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings: 10 (2 rounds)
- 7 dl flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated, using to your taste
- 2 teaspoons The Spice Tree coarse salt
- 340 gram bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0,8 dl fresh grated parmesan
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1,1 dl fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Crushed red pepper flakes to your taste
Crusty on the outside, light and super soft on the inside. Truly the most delicious companion to your dinner table!
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, yeast, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Add the beer, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature until it doubles in size, 1 to 2 hours.
2. When ready to bake, place a pizza stone or heavy sheet pan in the oven. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius. Once it reaches temperature, let the stone/pan warm for 30 minutes.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and divide it into two equal pieces. Place each dough ball on a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper. Push each ball of dough into (roughly) 25 centimeter. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Carefully remove the stone/pan from the oven and place the dough with the parchment paper in the center of it. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is golden. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with half of the parmesan. Repeat with the remaining round of dough.
4. Meanwhile make the herb butter. Melt together the remaining olive oil and butter until warmed. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, chives, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Brush the herb butter over the warm bread. Eat and ENJOY. The bread keeps well for up to 3-4 days. Add the herb butter before serving.